Collection of links by Susan Heady
General Jane Austen and Regency look:
- The website of the Jane Austen Centre in Bath, England contains a treasure trove of information. You can search for over 800 articles, including all about women’s and men’s fashion.
- Jessamyn’s Regency Costume Companion with many links, images, and descriptions.
- An Overview of Regency Stays/Corsets on the Oregon Regency Society’s website.
- Regency England: A good site for all sorts of things in the Regency Period, including cosmetics.
- A website with good patterns and ideas for sewing your dress
- Jane Austen Today blog with a large variety of items
How to tie a cravat:
- Suggestion: Use a 10′ x 60′ piece of fabric then follow the instructions below.
- Cravat styles by Geri Walton
- Historical Designs website
- The Regency Neckcloth